We Can Improve Your Indoor Air Quality Today
At Temperature Pro West Austin, we believe our job isn’t done unless our customers are totally comfortable with the air in their homes. Temperature control is a big part of comfort, of course, but that’s not all we do. We provide a range of products and services aimed at improving the quality of air in your home. Reducing indoor air pollution is especially vital for people with asthma or respiratory allergies, but it’s important for anyone.
5 Danger Levels of Your Air Quality
Video courtesy of Air Advice IAQ
Types of Indoor Air Quality Systems
Over the past several decades, the HVAC industry has created a broad range of air quality solutions. Here are some of the most popular air purification systems we install.
- Air cleaners and air purifiers are your frontal assault on indoor air pollution. They remove dust, pollen and other contaminants from the air directly.
- Air humidifiers do exactly what you’d expect: add humidity to the air. In the dry climate of the Austin area, this can make a big difference.
- Energy recovery ventilators complement your existing air conditioner or heat pump by exchanging stale indoor air with fresh outdoor air without sacrificing cooling power. It’s like you’re opening a window to let in fresh air without the downside of undercutting your cooling system.
- UV lamps use ultraviolet light to kill germs and other contaminants in the air. They’re often used near other HVAC systems.
- Our indoor air quality experts will gladly work with you to find the right IAQ solutions for your home and budget.
If your home uses a forced-air system such as a central air conditioner or furnace, the ducts play a vital role by transporting conditioned air throughout the house. That means dirt and dust accumulating in the duct system will quickly be spread all over the place, affecting your breathing and overall quality of life. When you see visible dust coming from vents or notice a significant decrease in your system’s efficiency, it may be time for duct cleaning.
Our professional duct will use special brushes to dislodge debris without damaging the ducts themselves, then take a high-powered vacuum cleaner to collect the debris and dust. Finally, we use chemical sealants and biocides to ensure that your ducts will stay clean going forward.
You’ll know your ducts are clean when you notice a markedly better smell in the air, and you may see a small difference on your next utility bill. Asthma and allergy sufferers in your home should notice a difference almost immediately after we’ve finished cleaning the ducts.
Moreover, once your ducts have been professionally cleaned, they tend to stay that way. Depending on smoking, pets, general home cleanliness and a few other factors, most duct systems can go between three and 10 years between cleanings.
Give us a call today to learn firsthand why TemperaturePro of West Austin is the best choice for all of your HVAC-related needs. (512) 953-5822